Big Day Buses (hereinafter known as The Company) and the person making the booking (hereinafter known as The Hirer) will form the parties to the terms and conditions of hire. It will be deemed that The Hirer accepts responsibility for everyperson in his or her party and fully agrees to the terms and conditions of hire as follows:-
1. All bookings must be pre-booked only and must be confirmed in writing, with a non refundable deposit paid.
2. In the event of cancellation by The Hirer any deposit paid would be forfeit.
3. Payment in full must be made no later than 60 days before the Hire period. Norefund will be made of monies paid after this time.
4. Late bookings can be made with immediate payment, dependant upon vehicleavailability. The Hirer and his/her party will not be allowed to board a vehicle untilfull payment has been made. In the event of cancellation by the hirer 60 days notice must be given, if this notice period is not adhered to then the hirer would be liable for the remaining balance to be paid in full.
5. The Company does not accept responsibility for adverse weather conditions, or actsby other persons or organisations which may impact adversely on the hire period.although we will do all we can to maintain appropriate standards despite difficulties not caused by ourselves.
6. Whilst every effort will be made to maintain the serviceability of the vehicles, responsibility cannot be accepted for mechanical, electrical or material breakdown whatsoever. In this unlikely event, every effort will be made for the immediate repair to the vehicle so that the journey can continue, or where possible The Hirer will be transferred to another vehicle(s) to enable the journey to continue. Any reasonable extra cost incurred will be borne by The Company, or refund given at the Company’s discretion.
7. In the event of conditions referred to in 5 or 6 or any other breakdown and or accident, no responsibility will be accepted for missed connections and or functions, howsoever caused.
8. In the event of a breakdown or accident to the vehicle, booked prior to the date of the booking, every effort will be made to supply an alternative vehicle(s) at the Company’s discretion. If this is not acceptable to The Hirer a refund will be made of moneys paid.
9. The Company reserves the right at any time to change/replace/renew the vehicle(s) booked or advertised in order to maintain The Company’s high standards.
10. The consumption of food/food products or drink is not permitted unless authorised by the company and NO SMOKING is allowed in the vehicles.
11. The Hirer shall be fully responsible and liable for any damage caused both inside and outside the vehicles(s) by The Hirer or any member and his/her party, howsoever caused. This includes incitement to ANY third party which results in damage to the vehicle or its contents. The Hirer will agree to be liable for the total retail cost of the repair and The Company will determine the location of the repairer. In addition, The Hirer will be liable to pay to The Company a fixed daily rate (determined by The Company) whilst the vehicle is out of commission for such repairs, plus any further incurred losses such as lost bookings.
12. The Company can at no time take responsibility for The Hirer’s or any member of his/her party’s possessions used or left in vehicles. The Hirer must ensure all possessions belong to the Hirer or any of his/her party are removed at the end of each period of hire. Employees of The Company cannot hold/store/safeguard any items left in this way.
13. The Company or its representative(s)/employee(s) reserves the right to refuse entry to the vehicle(s) or to any person(s) they deem unfit, for whatever reason, and can refuse to continue the journey if any person(s) behave in a manner which may be detrimental to any other person or the vehicles and its contents. In this event no refund of monies paid will be given.
14. The Hirer will levy a £100.00 valeting charge if the vehicle(s) are misused through food, drink or illness or the retail cost if in excess of this amount to rectify said damage caused.
15. Any extra requests or alterations to the booking (i.e. additional pickup points, change of venue causing extra mileage, or time not made at the time of booking/confirmation cannot necessarily be accepted, although every effort will be made to meet these requirements and they may incur further charges.
16. Once a booking is made and confirmed, the price quoted to The Hirer will not be changed unless The Hirer wishes to make alterations to the booking. Only in the event of fuel prices rising dramatically or for road charging and use of toll roads will we have to charge extra, the Hirer will be notified should this be the case.
17. Hire time will be deemed to have started at a time agreed beforehand by both parties.
18. Due to insurance restrictions/licensing authorities our vehicles have been designated NON SMOKING. Any infringement of this policy will render the rental invalid and monies paid will be forfeited and the rental terminated immediately.
19. Any overrun of booked time due to alterations made on the day of hire must be paid for at the time of the rental in cash (full hours only).
20. The Company may take photographs at your event, and we may use them on our website or promotional material. If you object to this, would you please advise us at the time of booking.
21. The company will not be responsible for late or missed connections due to traffic congestion en route to your destination which are out of our control. We will always do everything we can to find an alternative route.
22. Please note that we abide by the child car seat laws, your wedding is a planned journey so if your child is required by law to use a child seat then they must do so in any hired car. The Hirer will be responsible for the supplying and fitting of the seats to satisfy the safety of the child. Where seat belts are not available any child under the age of 3 years can NOT travel in the vehicle. If seat belts were not fitted at the time of manufacture then you are not required to wear them, however this is not considered a safe way to travel. This website offers information regarding child safety http://www.childcarseats.org.uk
23. By making a booking, The Hirer has entered into a binding contract with The Company. The Company’s discretion will be exercised by the Directors of The Company in respect of all matters concerning The Company at all times. It is always advisable to have a back up plan should the worst happen on your wedding day for any vehicle you may have booked. Check that you have a friend, relative or neighbour available to take you to your ceremony 'just in case'. Keep local taxi firms phone numbers to hand and consider taking out wedding insurance.